Visit Our In Home Health Care Website
Accredited Hospices of America in Houston, Texas is one of the country’s leading hospice care providers. Our goal is to provide high quality, comprehensive hospice care. Since the country hasn’t yet standardized hospice care, every hospice service can’t provide the same standard of care. We include families when forming care plans and are dedicated to providing excellent service, which sets us apart from other providers around Sugar Land, Texas.
Why Choose Us?
- We don’t hire contract labor.
- We have an experienced medical team comprising the best physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, chaplains, certified nursing aids and social workers.
- We make patient care a top priority.
- We don’t charge extra for use of quality medical equipment.
- We coordinate with doctors, facilities and hospitals to organize patient care.
- We have a staff that is experienced in taking care of hospice patients.
- We provide care wherever you need it, whether it’s at home or a facility.
- Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance companies provide hospice coverage.
- We provide tailored care plans to meet each patient’s specialized health situation, which we form with with patient and their family.
Patients and their families are the ones with the right to choose which hospice care service to utilize. No one else can decide who your hospice provider should be. The Patient Self Determination Act of 1990 enables you to decide what your health care should be. No one else can make that decision. Managing health care is one of the most important areas of your life to control. You should make a decision once you’ve seen all available options. Don’t make these decisions in a rush or after being coerced. No one is allowed tell you which hospice to choose.
Accredited Hospices of America coordinates with the physician of your choice. You can ask your physician to oversee your care with our hospice, or you can let our dedicated medical team manage your care.
Multiple levels of hospice care are available. Facilities provide respite care, which allows families and primary caregivers to rest. Routine hospice care is available in the patient’s home or in a facility of their choice. Our Medical Director will inform you if continuous care is recommended, which can be given over extended periods of time.
Our compassionate team focuses on patients and providing them with mental, physical, spiritual and emotional support.
Hospice care decisions should not be made last minute. This is the most critical decision to make if you have an advanced illness. Electing to enroll in hospice care early on can help a patient sustain the quality of life. You should decide to hire hospice care before it’s absolutely necessary so that you can provide peace and comfort to the patient and families.
Hospice is usually available through insurance with no cost. You can use hospice care after receiving a serious diagnosis, so that you may address quality of life early on. Hospice benefits have accumulated over your lifetime. Hospice’s goal is to provide greater quality of life, and make the best of each day.